Saturday, October 22, 2022

Pro Bono Representation

This is a warning about document disclosure to anyone receiving pro bono assistance from the Community Legal Assistance Society. Not to say that I don't appreciate whatever help I received, because I most definitely do.

I submitted my documents with descriptive names for email with the strata, which were changed without explanation, so when we were self-represented I could no longer recognize what they were about. 

The documents I provided were inexplicably fractured into different groups in ways that neither myself nor my husband could decipher when we were self-represented. To this day we don't know how many of the documents I provided were omitted from disclosure. 

They used the same numbers for different documents, and like a fool I followed their lead with my self-represented disclosure, starting with the number 1 for the third time, resulting in 1-84 being used for three different sets of documents, and 1-97 being used for two different sets of documents. 

Form 9.1 2021-04-13 Documents 1-97 (Renamed and submitted by CLAS)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UaQhFMNAqkjERrRYQY9woFMQR45LeDjE?usp=sharing

1st Supplementary Disclosure 2021-04-13 Documents 1-126 (Renamed and submitted by CLAS)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QpSNV7DUuxVJUJx6x_T7d-ODCE4Zdg-y?usp=sharing

2nd Supplementary Disclosure 2021-05-18 Documents numbered 222 and 223? (Submitted by CLAS)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11DOx_oI-KqdIn3FTBXJuW1IArVFKRK4O/view?usp=sharing

Form 9.5 Documents Regarding Remedy 2021-11-29 Documents 1-84 (Self-respresented submission)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZD1G1Mx3AwjAnDEZexrnGESEyqfSEFc2?usp=sharing

This was after the Human Rights Clinic promises of assistance with filing the application were broken, repeatedly, until I could no longer tolerate the excruciating delays and disappointments. 

Making it even more bizarre, the tribunal said we could submit our documents electronically, but the case manager kept saying that she could not open Google Drive document links. 

It just went from bad to worse. The whole process was so sickening that it was incapacitating.

As always, I have shared these concerns with CLAS by forwarding this link to Laura Track, Director of the CLAS Human Rights Clinic, offering to address specific misunderstandings, if any, in the interests of accuracy.

NEXT DAY FOLLOW-UP:

On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 11:03:16 a.m. PDT, Laura Track replied with regret for any confusion caused by the way CLAS prepared the Lists of Documents. She said they disclose documents that are relevant without detail about the contents, and she can’t speak to why they were separated. She apologizes for the numbering error, saying it is not their usual practice, and she can see why it would be very confusing. She says she doesn’t know what I mean in regard to the appointments to assist me in filing my complaint, which were repeatedly broken; so I replied that she might want to check her Short Service Human Rights Clinic records more carefully. I thanked her for her prompt response, and amended this post accordingly.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home